The TT-54-553 unit is designed specifically for those who want a super duty basketball goal for the driveway or tighter spaces. It has a 5" post with 36" offset to minimize protrusion into the play area. This is an excellent unit for anyone mounting the unit on a driveway or area where play area is at a premium.
1. I have a wall behind where I want to put the basketball goal, how much space should I allow behind the unit? – For ease of cranking and to avoid scraping knuckles, it's recommend allowing 18” of distance from the back side of the post to any wall or obstruction behind the goal.
2. Can I relocate the unit if I move from my home? – Yes, each unit is equipped with a bolt-down anchor base, which allows the unit to be disconnected from the concrete footing and moved to a new location. A new set of anchor bolts may be purchased to re-install the unit.
3. How large of an area do I need for my basketball goal? – This largely depends on the size of the backboard you choose. A two car driveway is best suited for a 54” or 60” backboard. Three car driveways and dedicated backyard courts work best with either 60” or 72” wide backboards.
4. How big is a regulation sized backboard? – All competition games including high school, college, university and professional basketball are played on the same sized backboard, 42” tall x 72” wide.
5. Does the unit include a breakaway rim? – Yes, each unit includes a breakaway rim and net. The rim will flex down when a player hangs on it and snap back to its original position when the player lets go.
6. Is padding included? – Yes, post padding and backboard padding are included in the price of the goal. (FREE PADDING - $300.00 Value & Savings)
7. What is tempered glass? – Tempered glass is what all competition basketball backboards are made of. It is the same material your car windshield is made of. Tempered glass possess very lively ball bounce characteristics.
8. What is WeatherSheild undercoating? – Each TT basketball goal unit is first dipped in a bath of molten zinc that impregnates the steel giving it a silver color and makes is virtually rust proof. Then, the units are coated with black powder coat for aesthetic appeal.
9. Do I need to be present when my goal is delivered if your installing it yourself? Yes. If you're doing your own installation. The freight company that delivers your order will require a signature at delivery. Your signature indicates that you received all packages in good condition. Please check each package thoroughly before signing for the shipment. It is suggested that you open the backboard box to make sure the backboard has not been broken in shipping. If any parts are damaged, refuse only the damaged parts and notate the damage on the delivery receipt before signing. Next, contact us if you need any replacement items that will be shipped usually within 24 hrs.
10. Do I need to be present when my goal is delivered if you're having it installed by the local professional installers? - NO, If you choose the locally trained basketball goal installers they will deliver your new basketball system to your property on the day they come to install the goal. So, you don't have to worry about trying to unload a basketball goal at your property.